WSBI member in U.S. to discuss how federal policymakers can address the impact of overregulation on community banks and their customers.
WASHINGTON, D.C., 5 April 2017 – ICBA is scheduled to meet today with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin
and White House staff to discuss how federal policymakers can address the
impact of overregulation on community banks and their customers. The meeting
will be held under President Donald Trump’s executive order directing the
Treasury Department to review existing financial services laws and regulations.
ICBA community bankers scheduled to attend the meeting include:
• Jeff Dick, chairman, president and CEO of MainStreet Bank
in Fairfax, Va.
• Steve Handke, president and CEO of Union State Bank of
• Jack Hartings, president and CEO of The Peoples Bank Co. in
• Ronald Paul, chairman and CEO of EagleBank in Bethesda, Md.
• Mark Schroeder, chairman and CEO of German American Bancorp
in Jasper, Ind.
• Sam Vallandingham, president and CEO of First State Bank in
• Noah Wilcox, chairman and CEO of Grand Rapids State Bank in
Grand Rapids, Minn.
• Derek Williams, president and CEO of Century Bank &
Trust in Milledgeville, Ga.
The community bankers will focus on ICBA’s pro-growth Plan for Prosperity regulatory relief platform and
other top ICBA policy priorities for 2017.