ENKOPING, Sweden, 5 June 2015 – ESBG’s Prudential and Supervision Committee convened today its 20th meeting, hosted by Sparbanken Enköping – the local savings bank in Enköping, Sweden.
Beside the participants' discussion on the state of play of the various files in the Committee’s working areas, ESBG was very pleased to welcome Mr Uldis Cerps, executive director and head of banking supervision at the Swedish FSA, member of the Basel Committee and co-chairman of the EBA task force on recovery plans, and Mr Olof Manner, head of macro analysis at Swedbank, as guest speakers. Mr Cerps presented to the committee the framework of prudential and supervisory regulation in Sweden, for instance the rather strict capital regime. Mr Manner’s presentation focused on macro-economic developments both at global and regional level.
The participants at the meeting discussed several topics, including:
- Revisions to the standardised approach for credit risk and revisions to the design of a capital floor framework based on standardised approaches;
- Single Supervisory Mechanism;
- EBA’s initiative to re-assess the application of the proportionality principle in remuneration policies;
- Banking structure reform;
- Topics related to recovery and resolution;
- Shadow banking; and
- “Better regulation”.
For an overview of current ESBG positions, please consult the ESBG Positions document.