Opening speech by
WSBI Managing Director Chris De Noose
9.10 – 10.30
10.30 – 11.00
Looking over the hedge: how innovation disrupts other economic sectors
The financial industry experiences now what happened in other economic sectors already several years ago. What can we learn from those sectors? Is the mobile telephone the ultimate gamechanger for the financial sector? How can the software industry help connect different service providers? Will robots replace the human wokrforce? And what are the legal protections for incumbents and newcomers?
Moderator: Laura Sanguinetti, Member Relations Manager, Mobey Forum
On the panel
Keynote speech by Caixabank Deputy Chairman Antonio Massanell
· Eric Mouilleron, founder and CEO of Bankable, a global architect of white-label and API-based payment solutions
· Michael Stephan, founder and COO of Raisin, Europe's marketplace for retail deposits
· Frank Roessig, Advisor, Stellar, a blockchain-based payments network
· Jan-Olof Brunila, Deputy Director Group Cards, SwedBank
· Markus Tacke, Head of IT Strategy, DSGV - German Savings Banks Association
· Tony van den Berge, Leader Enterprise, Amazon Web Services
· Agustín Márquez, Deputy Director General Manager, CecaBank and Managing Director of EURO 6000 and MasterCajas
· Stefan Dierckx, Co-founder, The Glue, a company that offers front-end channels and API-ecosystems to existing banking systems
The latest biometric authentication softwares such as fingerprint, voice and face recognition systems can be used to complement traditional security measures such as passwords. Should banks take this road and incorporate new tools to increase their cyber-security defence? Which measures should they choose?
· Calum Macleod, Business Development Director for BehavioSec AB, a fintech company that delivers behavioral biometrics technology
· Zoriana Dmytryshyna, Project and Communication Manager, APWG.EU – Anti-Phishing Working Group Europe
15.30 - 16.00
16.00 - 17.15
Coffee BreakHappiness is a journey, not the destination
Fancy websites and sleek apps for the iPhone are useless if the customer interaction at the bank branch, via the telephone is not of the same level. How can banks offer a seamless integration of new and traditional distribution channels for all customers, and not only digital natives at all times, guaranteeing as such a pleasant customer journey?
· Frédérick Burtz, Senior Vice-President Digital Technology and Business Development, Groupe BPCE
Wrap-up of the first day by WSBI-ESBG Managing Director Chris De Noose
The bank branch is a place where clients come to seek advice, not any longer to do transactions. A series of best practices from our membership will illustrate this evolution.
Keynote speech by Jürgen Ingels, Founder of Eggsplore, on the topic “From fintechs to tech4fin?”
New technologies and financial inclusion
Smartphones are rushing in where no bank has ever tread before. To what extent are financial inclusion and technology interlinked and which success stories can serve as inspiration for banks in other countries?
On the panel