WSBI ANNUAL MEETINGS 2016
Banking in the 21st Century
Bangkok | 30 June - 1 July 2016
The WSBI Annual Meetings "Banking in the 21st Century" were hosted by the Government Savings Bank, the WSBI member in Thailand. In addition to the 23rd General Assembly, there was a conference with a plenary session and two working sessions. One of them was focused on how technology – digitisation and innovation – can help banks to improve the customer experience. The other addressed the change in culture and skills that is required to operate effectively in the current environment.
We had the pleasure to listen to:
Welcome and opening
Addressed by WSBI President Heinrich Haasis
Addressed by GSB Director Prapas Kong-Ied
Addressed by Thai Finance Minister Apisak Tantivorawong,
Keynote speech: "Banking on Saving the World"
by Chandran Nair, Founder and Chief Executive, Global Institute For Tomorrow, GIFT
Working Session 1, "Banking in the 21st century: a customer-centric approach"
Moderator: Bob Hayward, IT Advisory, Asia/Pacific, KPMG Singapore
- Xavier Marcillac, APAC Sales Director, Strands
- Jorge Rodriguez, Executive President BancoEstado (Chile)
- Isara Wongrung, Senior Executive Vice President, Government Savings Bank (GSB)
Working Session 2, "Banking in the 21st century: the human factor"
Moderator: Joan Rosàs, Head of International Financial Institutions, CaixaBank
- H.R.Dave, Deputy Managing Director, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
- Joseph Delhaye, Deputy Director, Banque et Caisse d'Epargne de l'Etat, Luxembourg (BCEE)
- Mario Rojas, General Manager, Caja de Ahorros (Panama)
- Nikolai Vavokhin, Head of the Representative Office of Belarusbank in Germany
The WSBI Annual meetings 2016 were a major occasion to network with peers and demonstrate the cohesion and dynamism of the worldwide savings and retail banking community.
>> See: Bangkok Resolution of WSBI Annual Meetings
>> News: WSBI members explore 21st century retail banking